The land where 3 of my 4 children were born, is our spring break destination. We lived in San Antonio for 7 years and we are headed back for a visit. While planning our vacation I am reminded of all the things I love about San Antonio and Texas.
1. Spring wildflowers, especially bluebonnets!
2. The food!!! Papasitos, Rudy's, Zio's, La Maidleline, Taco Cabana...etc. (It's so good that I'll probably gain back the 10 lbs I've just lost.)
3. The missions. Everyone tells you to see the Alamo, which is awesome, but you would be remiss if you didn't see some of the other missions in the area.
4. Family and friends I have there.
5. Lost Maples State Park--amazing in the fall!!!
6. Sea World, Six Flags and many other amusement type parks.
7. The Hill Counrty and Fredrickburg--beautiful and charming.
8. South Padre Island--a great place to swim in the warm water of the Gulf of Mexico.
9. Canyon Lake. You can dive right from the rocky shore into deep, pristine water.
10. The Riverwalk. While it's especially humid, the unique and and colorful ambiance is inviting and fun to experience, especially on a riverboat tour.
I can't wait to leave this rainy, cold weather and take in the 80 degree sunshine that's waiting for me... Yee Ha!