As time comes rushing forward I've come to accept the fact that we are moving away from what we know and love. I find myself relishing in the simple things that I have loved about Oregon.
1. Sunny spring bike rides on the river bike path.
2. Colorful blooming rhododendrons and azaleas in the spring.
3. Day trips to the coast.
4. Warm ceder-scented days in Sunriver.
5. The perfect summer day: not too hot and not too cold.
6. Lots of beautiful city and state parks.
7. Wonderful campgrounds near waterfalls and hiking trails.
8. The Sweet Life Patisserie
9. All of my friends and family
I'm sure there will be more things that I will find myself missing and some things that I won't miss( ie the buck-nutty-Subaru-driving environmentalists, for one). Don't get me wrong, I love recycling. I just happen to think that there are more important things in life. I believe in moderation in all things.
But I digress. Here's the list of things I want to do before we leave. Some we have done before and some we have not:
1. Camp at Belknap Hot Springs
2. Eat at Kings Estate Winery
3. See a Shakepearean play in Ashland
4. Stay and play in Sunriver
5. Go river rafting
6. Ride bikes around Dorena Lake
7. Party with all my cool friends
So much to do, so little time.