Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daphzilla

So Daphne has aquired some new nicknames lately; among them are little booger and Daphzilla. She now gets into everthing and destroys anything she can get her hands on. I recently made the mistake of leaving her clean laundry in her basket and on the floor. She tore through it like a tornado til all that was left was a pile of rumpled laundry. If the kids leave any lego buildings or lincoln log houses around she pulls them down like a little Godzilla and scatters the remains to the four winds. But worst of all are the screaming tantrums. She is very stubborn and wants what she wants. I took her into TJ Max yesterday and she did not like that store. She was shreaking the whole time! All these people were looking at me like, "What are you doing to your baby?" or "why don't you just take your screaming kid and get out of here!" At least that's how I felt. I went into the dressing room and she screamed even louder! That was realy fun tryingto hurry and try something on while she is screaming at the top of her lungs, and believe me, she has HUGE lungs for a 14 month old. I felt like I was running a 50 yard dash while trying on clothes on and holding a baby and singing lullablys to get her calm down. When I came out looking frustrated and deflated, the attendant lady said, " Don't worry, I think you are handling her very well." All the while I was thinking, "Really? I feel like slitting my wrists!" So when we left the store she immediatly stopped crying, like nothing happened and she was just fine!
I would like to dedicate a song to Daphzilla: "You're hot and you're cold, you're yes and you're no. You're in and you're out, you're up then you're down."~Katy Perry
Make that 2 songs: " She's all four seasons in one day!"~Sting

1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting here giggling while you are describing your little Daphzilla... My Mr.Tank was just like her. He hated to go to stores and let EVERYONE know about it til we walked outside and then he was all smiles. Ohhhh there were days I just wanted to cry right along with him... I love your little one's nickname... :o)

    ReplyDelete