Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chaos Personified

My life is choas! True to form I have not blogged in 3 months. I would say that I am going to change my ways, but that would most likely be a lie. I keep telling myself that I am going to simplify my life, but I am always in angst about what to cut out. Let me see... Getting up with Daphne in the middle of the night, wouldn't mind cutting that one out, ...laundry, it takes way too long with 6 people to wash for, ...grocery shopping, who needs food? ...if I'm going to cut out shopping I can cut out cooking and dishes too (yes!!!) I think I hit paydirt with that one. ...Swimming lessons, Do they really need to learn how to swim? ...Play dates. Now this is a tricky one. On one hand it gets them out of your hair for a little while, but then, inevitably, someone's feelings get hurt and you have to sort it all out. ...Soccer, volleyball, baseball, tennis, gymnastics. I'm left in a quandry. But there are things I will never give up doing: reading books to the kids (and to myself), going for walks, playing at the park, picnics, singing, and dancing like no one is watching. These are the things you think of when you decide to become a mom. These are the times I think my children will remember. These are the moments that life slows down and you realize it's all worth it. So if I can do at least one of those good things a day I will smile and know I did something worthwhile today.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are such a wonderful mother!! I know you're so busy, but I love how you do take the time for the fun, special things that both you and they love. You're such a great example to look up to!

    ReplyDelete